We are pleased to announce that the Executive Committee of the Legislative Council appointed Ed DeCecco to be the next Director of the Office of Legislative Legal Services, effective October 1, 2023.
Ed started his career with the office on November 19, 2001, as a staff attorney on the Government Team, which specializes in issues concerning state and local government, government finance, taxation, infrastructure, transportation, PERA, and elections. Since then, he has earned respect and recognition as a top expert in the subjects of government finance, taxation, and the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights.
In addition to drafting bills and providing legal counsel to the General Assembly, Ed has successfully performed various roles on behalf of the office over the years, including:
- Assisting with matters affecting the General Assembly, including issues related to legislative rules, open government, social media, litigation, and training new legislators.
- Serving as the office’s liaison to the Joint Budget Committee, to assist the committee and its staff with legal issues related to the budget process and to oversee the drafting of committee bills.
- Serving as one of the office’s Director’s designees on the State Title Board, along with the Attorney General’s and Secretary of State’s designees, to set titles for citizen initiatives.
- Advising the General Assembly and its staff on ethical issues.
- Mentoring, advising, and supporting colleagues regarding bills, legal issues, appropriation clauses, and initiative procedures.
In addition to his wealth of qualifications, Ed is loyal to the office’s primary responsibility: To provide excellent and highly competent non-partisan legal services to the General Assembly.
Above all else, Ed is a proud husband and father, a true gentleman, and a genuinely good guy.
Please join us in congratulating Ed on his well-deserved appointment as OLLS Director!
 Pronounced “deh-check-o”.